The annual daylily exhibition from August 4th till 6th will bring together best daylily originators of Latvia. Long beloved and new local and foreign varieties will be presented from well known collections, including the National Botanic Garden, as well as private gardens.
Daylily lifespan is short, they bloom no longer than 24 hours, but new blossom opens every day for about two months. These flowers are said to be good for busy gardeners since the care that must be provided is relatively minimal.
When designing the flower beds in the garden, the color of daylilies is almost the most important factor to consider. Lighter colour flowers (white, yellow, salmon pink, and pastel) will sit nicely in semi-shadowed places as the light contrast will accent the soft colors. Darker colours (purple, red, and maroon) will stand out better in sunny spots.
These seemingly fragile flowers can blossom after dry, cold, windy and rainy days, and even after hail.
During the exhibition every day several dozens of species will be showcased. As per usual, the curators will provide fresh flowers every morning, thus during three exhibition days several hundreds of varieties will be presented.
adults – 3,00 €
seniors, students – 2,50 €*
pupils – 1,70 €*
Tickets for exhibition are also available via Mobilly app.
- Ticket price is the same as at the museum's ticket office.
- Please note that free admission tickets, such as preschool-age (up to age 6 including) children, must also be added.
- Your ticket QR will be scanned at the ticket office.
- preschool-age children (up to age 6 including);
- students attending various kinds of special education classes, crisis centres, boarding schools, care centres, orphanages, psycho-social rehabilitation centres, and children’s care centres; residents of shelters and care homes; orphans; children without parents (upon presentation of status documents);
- mass media representatives who are reporting on museum activities (upon presentation of a press pass);
- staff of other museums (upon presentation of an institutional ID card or an International Council of Museums (ICOM) membership card);
- politically repressed individuals (upon presentation of status documents), including Ukrainian civilians;
- children under age 18 with any disability; adults with Disabled Group I status (and assistant) or adults with Disabled Group II status (upon presentation of documents);
- persons with invitations;
- holders of a museum entrance pass.
SIA „Jānis Roze” customer card 15% discount on special exhibitions (only at the ticket office; discount applies to no more than 4 tickets per customer card per visit).